excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Mauro Talevi <mauro.tal...@aquilonia.org>
Subject Re: questions: release management scripts
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2004 17:33:42 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> Generate key as per instructions at
>
> http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/gpg-party.html#ss3.5
>
> The way the script works is if you have the string "RC" in the version
> then it assumes it is a release candidate and deploys to your own
> personal account (/home/${user}/public_html/dist) otherwise it deploys
> to main area (/www/www.apache.org/dist).

I would find it useful to have rc's and beta's also in the main dist.
Snapshots and dev releases can be deployed to the user areas,
tut then again it would be difficult to share these when building other
projects, because one would have to add the user dist to the maven repo
list.

Perhaps, we could define a flag like
maven.deploy.type={release|user}
that takes care of setting the deployBase, which would by default be set
to release, and only when someone does not want to do a public release
it will be set to user.

Thoughts?

> To deploy the artifacts you add something like the following  into your
> ~/build.properties or you can specify it on command line.
>
> maven.username=donaldp
> maven.privatekey=C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Application
> Data\SSH\UserKeys\PeterHome

Which keyserver did you use to send the private key?

Cheers