excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: D-Haven-event bug in current Fortress trunk build.
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:21:55 GMT
Leif Mortenson wrote:

> I did not see where D-Haven project bugs should be posted. It sounds
> like the
> members are the same, so this should get into the right hands :-)

http://www.sf.net/projects/d-haven/

is the correct location.

However, since I am in both places, this will work :)

> If Fortress has any problems initializing any of its components then it
> is designed
> to call CommandFailureHandler failure. This defaults to the
> FortressCommandFailureHandler but it is possible to override it with one
> of your
> own. (As I have done).
>
> The current trunk build now makes use of the d-haven-event jar and this
> has been
> broken.
>
> Digging into the d-haven source, I see the problem:
>
> When the DefaultCommandManager is instantiated, it initially sets its
> internal
> CommandFailureHandler to an instance of DefaultCommandFailureHandler.
> Then within the constructor, it immediately uses that handler to instantiate
> a new CommandEventHandler.
>
> The DefaultCommandManager class has a setCommandFailureHandler method
> which is being called by Fortress after the constructor completes. But the
> problem is that it is already too late to be used. So my custom handler, and
> even the default FortressCommandFailureHandler is never used.
>
> Either the instantiation of the CommandEventHandler is going to have to be
> moved, or a way of changing its CommandFailureHander is going to have to
> be introduced.

:/

Ok.  I can easily make the event/failure handler replaceable, but what
approach would make you happiest.  I.e. what would be the easiest to
work with?

I'll have to add a testcase to make the current action a failure...

                - Rich Cook