excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject D-Haven-event bug in current Fortress trunk build.
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:15:48 GMT
I did not see where D-Haven project bugs should be posted. It sounds
like the
members are the same, so this should get into the right hands :-)

If Fortress has any problems initializing any of its components then it
is designed
to call CommandFailureHandler failure. This defaults to the
FortressCommandFailureHandler but it is possible to override it with one
of your
own. (As I have done).

The current trunk build now makes use of the d-haven-event jar and this
has been
broken.

Digging into the d-haven source, I see the problem:

When the DefaultCommandManager is instantiated, it initially sets its
internal
CommandFailureHandler to an instance of DefaultCommandFailureHandler.
Then within the constructor, it immediately uses that handler to instantiate
a new CommandEventHandler.

The DefaultCommandManager class has a setCommandFailureHandler method
which is being called by Fortress after the constructor completes. But the
problem is that it is already too late to be used. So my custom handler, and
even the default FortressCommandFailureHandler is never used.

Either the instantiation of the CommandEventHandler is going to have to be
moved, or a way of changing its CommandFailureHander is going to have to
be introduced.

Cheers,
Leif