excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: CVS tags in source
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:39:03 GMT
Leif Mortenson wrote:

> As I am working on the Instrument code, I noticed that the javadocs
> still contain
> CVS variables like the following:
>
> * @version CVS $Revision: 1.4 $ $Date: 2004/02/28 11:47:25 $
>
> These no longer make sense now that we are using SVN. At the least they
> should
> be removed, but before I do so, I wanted to make sure that there was not an
> equivalent in SVN.

This might spark a bigger question on the @version tag altogether.
Let me say that the version tag doesn't make sense if the tool doesn't
manage the version number.  It also doesn't make sense if the tool uses
the same number for all files checked in at the same time.

Perhaps it would be best to remove it.  I don't think anyone is using it
for anything other than documentation.

> @since tags also exist in the code. But they refer to Framework versions
> which really does not make any sense. I assume that these should also be
> changed to refer to the version of the current sub project?

Yep +1

                - Rich Cook