excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: I18N Release Candidate
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2004 02:52:00 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO) wrote:
>
>>> I assume that it should be showing up at the root of all the binaries
>>> right along side the LICENSE.txt file correct?
>>

>> Hehe. My question wasn't intended to state that it should be
>> included, it
>> was a real question whether the releases should include it as well. I've
>> seen other projects including, but don't know whether it is a rule or
>> suggestion. Let's wait for better explanation from LSD/Noel/Berin :-)
>

> yes it needs to be included; see www.apache.org/licenses/. The change
> is probably to be made in buildsystem/project-common.xml and should be
> rather trivial I hope...not behind a machine with svn atm so can't
> help...

The file is already listed in the resources section, but that does not
seem to affect it.
Also noticed that the jar file generated contains two copies of the
LICENSE.txt file.
One in the root and the second in META-INF.   That adds about 10k of
uncompressed
data to each jar.  We don't appear to be doing anything in our files to
affect that however
so I wonder if it is a Maven-ism.  Will look into it some more.

Cheers,
Leif