excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Question about SVN and the reworked directory hierarchy.
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 03:11:01 GMT
Sorry if this is obvious. I did an update this morning of the Excalibur
trunk.
SVN went and happily created the new components, deprecated, and
containerkit
directories and checked out all of the files there in. That part makes
sense.

The problem is that SVN left all of the old directories and files right
where they
were. When I look at the trunk with a browser the old directories are no
longer
in the trunk:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/excalibur/trunk/?root=Apache-SVN

If I checkout into a clean directory, then I only get the files and
directories that
are in the Trunk.

If I do an update on each of the old directories then they will be
deleted however
it does not appear to be automatic. Selecting all of the directories in
the root
directory and doing an update simply returned that they were up to date.
It seems to have been necessary to do an update on them one by one. :-/

Several directories such as event were failing with errors about the
files not
existing on the server. I had to delete those manually.

My old instrument-client directory had lots of modified files in it. I
backed up
that directory before the update just to be save. It tells me that I
have modified
files but does not give any useful information about the file being
gone. What
would happen if I committed these files? Would they end up in the
correct new
location? I don't want to mess things up. This time, I just manually copied
all of my files over to the new location.

I am using TortoiseSVN. Is this a configuration problem on my part? I am
worried about directories and or files being left around in locations
where it
is not so obvious. Not sure if these are TortoiseSVN problems or general
behavior of SVN in general.

Cheers,
Leif