excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: questions: release management scripts
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 02:56:12 GMT
Hi,

It looks like a new Maven is out so I did it with that.
Unfortunately they made some changes to deploy
functionality. I could have used the old stuff but decided
to go with the new as it is not deprecated. Unfortunately
this means you need to update maven to rc4

What I had to do to get this going under windows is the
following. Download and install gpg

ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.2.4.zip

Generate key as per instructions at

http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/gpg-party.html#ss3.5

The way the script works is if you have the string "RC" in
the version then it assumes it is a release candidate and
deploys to your own personal account
(/home/${user}/public_html/dist) otherwise it deploys to
main area (/www/www.apache.org/dist).

To deploy the artifacts you add something like the following
  into your ~/build.properties or you can specify it on
command line.

maven.username=donaldp
maven.privatekey=C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Application
Data\SSH\UserKeys\PeterHome

The goal to deploy artifacts is "excalibur:deploy", tagging
repo is "excalibur:tagRelease" and releasing (which tags and
deploys) is "excalibur:release"

For a sample of what the release produces checkout the
following. It is not an RC release (I forced it to go into
personal directory).

http://cvs.apache.org/~donaldp/dist/

Anything else that would be useful to do?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald