excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: questions: release management scripts
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:15:10 GMT
Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO) wrote:
> Guys, this is not something that will affect all committer's life, only for
> those who stepped in to be a release manager. Being a release manager today
> can be a PITA :-)  So LSD is willing to make life easier for those
> 'unfortunates' :-P
>
> Do what is faster, cleaner and funnier!

Honestly, pick what you would think is the easiest/best and go from
there.  Work with what you know, not what you don't.  That's why Leo
proposed a Python solution--no problems with that.

Bottom line is that as long as something works and it is easy to use,
and maintain, I don't care if it is implemented in lisp with a groovy
container wrapped in cheese.

                 - Rich Cook