excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Shash Chatterjee <sh...@badfw.org>
Subject Eclipse, Maven and Excalibur - Carsten?
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 03:48:45 GMT
Carsten,

Since I read your posts regarding using Maven to define Eclipse
projects, hoping you can answer this.

I am using Eclipse 3.0RC3, and since subclipse is not supported on this
version yet, I used command-line svn to check out excalibur-trunk, which
went just fine.  Then "maven multiproject:install" was going fine, until
hit a snag with building PooledComponentHandler.

Now I want to import Excalibur into Eclipse and start some looking.  I
first imported excalibur-trunk dir. into Eclipse, which defined the
nested Java source dirs just fine, but of course, no JARs were added
from the Maven repo.  I then did "maven eclipse", refreshed my project,
and all my source-dirs disappeared, and still no JARs from maven repo
were added.

How are you doing this? Are you going into each nested module and doing
a "maven eclipse" and then importing each into Eclipse?  I have done
this successfully before with other projects, but never a multiproject
one. Can the multiproject plugin help out here? I so wish there were lib
dirs with dependency JARs already there, so I could multi-select and add
those quickly, but that's not the Maven way :-)

Thanks,
Shash