excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [vote] build system
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:42:00 GMT

Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira wrote:

> [...]
Yeah, I understand that. But as I said, in the case of Eclipse
Maven can setup the project for you, so you don't have to do
anything in Eclipse to setup your project/test cases; you can
just compile/run the cases.

> Nevertheless I don't think maven is going to make me commit
> suicide if I'd use it this way (I've used it like that
> already and despite the delayed start up time, I had lived
> peacefully with it)

Yes, and that's ok - it's not the way *I* am working, but
of course my way of developing is not "the right way of
doing things". Everyone has to find his own way, sure.

> What made me vote on Maven was the belief that managing a lot
> of nested projects using ant can be extremely difficult.

Yepp.

Carsten