excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] so...many...components...
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:07:18 GMT
Peter Donald wrote.

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > Just an FYI, the Source Resolve code is used by Fortress
> right now, so
> > we do have reason to keep that one around for a while.
>
> I am not saying it be axed I guess I am saying that it should
> be moved to the place where the community is and thus where
> it will be actively maintained and developed. Fortress could
> still use the component regardless of where it is located.

Yes, that's true. Now, I still think the idea of the source
resolving package is great and it'S a pitty that it is only
used in some other projects.
So, I personally would be very happy if it would stay here.
Moving it, e.g. to Cocoon is not a real option as this would
required changes of package names. And then I guess we would
simply integrate the mechanism into the Cocoon core without
making a separate package.

> > XMLUtil is another beast entirely.  Apparently it is very
> important to
> > Cocoon, and I believe Carsten Zeigler used it in some other
> non-Apache
> > work.  While there are other users, I believe that Cocoon
> is the only
> > Apache one.
>
>  From this and PeterRs comments I suspect this is one
> component that may benefit from staying at Excalibur.

+1

Carsten