excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] About proxies and pooling
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:19:23 GMT
Berin Loritsch  wrote:

> > Hmm, just curious. If we would create BCEL proxies wouldn't
> > the performance problem go away?
>
> There is BCEL proxy generating code in there already (still some
> minor issues, but decent enough).
>
> The BCEL code was significantly faster than reflection based
> dynamic proxies, but there is still a considerable overhead to
> BCEL proxies.  I can't remember if the price was 5 to 1 or 3 to 1
> for the BCEL proxies.

Ok, I have not looked at the BCEL code yet, but my thought was that it
works this way:
Imagine you have an interface A with one method do(), you create
a proxy that implements interface A as well, holds a reference to
the wrapped component and calls inside its own do() method,
simply the do() method of the wrapped object.
Is it this way? If so, I wouldn't understand the performance problem :)

Carsten