excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Eclipse, Maven and Excalibur - Carsten?
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:14:17 GMT
Hi,

you can use subclipse with RC3, you have to use the update manager
of Eclipse and enter http://www.loonsoft.com/updates
as an update site url and can then install subclipse. It works
but you can only update, commit, checkout and edit properties.
Now comparing or syncing yet :(

Unfortunately the eclipse support of Maven is only for simple projects
afaik, so multiprojects are out of question. Currently I'm doing both:
sometimes I add each sub project of a multiproject as an eclipse
project, so I can use "maven eclipse". And sometimes I edit the project
files of Eclipse by hand which means I add all jars by hand which is
in the case of Excalibur a lot of work to do.
If I ever get time I will try to add the multiproject support to
the Eclipse plugin for Maven, but who knows when that will be :(

Now, we could add the Eclipse project files to our svn if we want. If
we use variables for the paths in the eclipse project then this should
work for everyone using eclipse.

Carsten