excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: questions: release management scripts
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 04:49:08 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
>> Which of those steps can not be done with maven?
>
>  * there is no usable svn library for java

<ant:exec dir="${maven.build.dir}" executable="svn" failonerror="true">
    <ant:arg line="export svn+ssh://peter@XXXX/scm/Research/packetspy/trunk ${releaseDir}"/>
</ant:exec>

>  * there is no usable gpg library for java
<ant:exec ../>

>  * writing "interactive" maven plugins / ant tasks / java code is very
>    awkward

<i:ask question="Are you sure?" answer="result" xmlns:i="jelly:interaction"/>

> for sure, it can be done with maven, but *I* don't know how to do it
> properly (I can show you some experiments which failed miserably if you
> want).

Give me a sample gpg command line and I can show you how to do it.

> What would you propose we do? Write a few thousand lines of java code
> and maintain our own plugins, figuring out the everchanging and very
> much undocumented broad landscape of maven internals?

Or maybe just write a handful of tags in xml?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald