excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Excalibur-Thread
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 04:08:55 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> What about doing it in favor of Doug Lea's Concurrent 1.3.4 ?  That is
> what is used to provide the thread pools in Event, even while it was
> part of Excalibur Event.

Hate to keep harping on this, but I do believe there were recently some
licensing questions about Doug Lea's Concurrent classes.  He uses two
classes from the JDK and has a special license from Sun:

"All classes are released to the public domain and may be used for any
purpose whatsoever without permission or acknowledgment. Portions of the
CopyOnWriteArrayList and ConcurrentReaderHashMap classes are adapted
from Sun JDK source code. These are copyright of Sun Microsystems, Inc,
and are used with their kind permission,  as described in this license."

If we use his code we should remember to at least include this in our
NOTICE file.

jaaron