excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: old tests & testcase
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:40:24 GMT
Hi,

Mauro Talevi wrote:
> perhaps in the interim, while a proper test coverage is written to
> replace logger-tests, we could follow Leo's suggestion and move all
> legacy/deprecated stuff to a excalibur/legacy dir.

I am not sure that we should keep them around in the main trunk. The
example of the excalibur-compatibility library being a good reason why
not ;) We can keep them around in a tags hierarchy along with the other
tags and anyone can look at them in there. It is also simple to
resurrect them if the need arises.

I just see no value in keeping the code around in our main trunk where
it will inevitably need to be maintained to some degree or another (Even
if it is just keeping it building as we evolve the build system). That
way we can focus on improving the important stuff.