excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Excalibur != Component Repository
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:06:48 GMT
> yes, a big one. There are quite a few bad tests from an age long gone
> (when few people knew how to /unit/ test). They introduce (among other
> things) a lot more, complex, dependencies. The tests that have been
> split out use testcase which uses component which uses...it's just ugly.
>
> If you would like them out of the way, that's okay; create something
> like "legacy-tests" and stuff it in there. But please don't merge them
> back in.

Hmm ... looking at the code I see it is crap. I would completely remove
the logger tests as they dont test anything (and still dont work), have
never been maintained and are completely pointless. Why someone has gone
to the effort of migrating them out (rather than just nuking em) is
completely beyond me.