excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: Excalibur != Component Repository
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:15:39 GMT
Mauro Talevi wrote:
> Perhaps it would be useful to structure the svn repo

probably. Go for it. Just don't break anything ;)

> - leave the at top-level the container projects, like fortress, and
> move the components to a excalibur/components directory.

+1

> - also maybe separate the components that the containers rely on from
> the components that are hosted the benefit of other projects.

+1

> While on the subject of repo structure and the likes, some of the
> components have a separate tests project (eg component, container,
> logger).  I would describe the tests as an integral part of a given
> project, not a separate project in itself.  Infact, maven expects
> the tests as part of the build process.
 >
> Any objections to moving the tests to the src/test directory of the
> appropriate project?

yes, a big one. There are quite a few bad tests from an age long gone
(when few people knew how to /unit/ test). They introduce (among other
things) a lot more, complex, dependencies. The tests that have been
split out use testcase which uses component which uses...it's just ugly.

If you would like them out of the way, that's okay; create something
like "legacy-tests" and stuff it in there. But please don't merge them
back in.

- LSD