excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: excalibur-instrument
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:17:46 GMT
I am currently working on restructuring things a bit, including
rewriting the client to
use the http connector so that I can completely remove the altrmi code.
There are
several parts of the manager project that are designed around the altrmi
usage.
Once that is gone, I will be able to consolidate a lot of that code and
greatly simplify
it.  I have also been working on docs.

I am working on it bit by bit when I get time between regular projects
but it is coming
along quite nicely.  Give me a week or two and I should have this
cleaned up.

I had originally created 3 projects, instrument, instrument-manager, and
instrument-client so that the whole thing could build in the old ant
build system
at avalon.   Several other projects depended on instrument.  But
instrument-manager
depends on several of those projects and needs to be built later.
Someone else
further broke the instrument-manager project into instrument-http,
instrument-altrmi,
instrument-spi and instrument-impl.

Cheers,
Leif