excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: i18n Deprecation
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2004 08:56:57 GMT
Hi,

It turns out i18n was only used in the logger component and
it was easy to zap it so I did. It is a good thing to as
there was at least a few bugs (ie resource ids did not match
up between java source and property files etc).

So that means there is nothing in excalibur anymore that
needs i18n. I have nuked all the references and it should
all build fine once I can get fortress compiling again ;)

With that in mind I think it is not worth our effort to go
through the process of tag, deprecate, re-release, nuke and
update website. I think it would be enough for us to tag,
nuke, and update website.

Thoughts?,

Peter Donald