excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: [RT] About proxies and pooling
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:29:05 GMT
Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO) wrote:
> So, instead of writing it now on stone, can we work on a simple simple
> container - with no magic at all

uhm, I think the main value added by a container is

a) help implement a good decoupled architecture
b) provide magic, hide it well

Any container will do reflection, which is some kind of "magic" as well.
IMHO no container can do without proxying/wrapper generation, etc.
Container development is all about dealing with "magic", and making sure
most developers don't have to.

> Better yet, leverage to components handlers
> this or that capability.

yep.

ProxyingComponentHandler implements ComponentHandler
{
   ProxyingComponentHandler( ComponentHandler delegate ) { .. }

}

it works nicely. Isolate the complexity.

When changing the fortress internals like this, we need to take great
care that the "default" behaviour is the existing behaviour. Otherwise
you can end up with real subtle issues much later on...

- LSD