excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Ok, Fortress code base has been upgraded to D-Haven Event
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:21:15 GMT
Feel free to stress test.  I am in the process of fixing my GUIApp
plugin that broke with Maven 1.0rc3, so I can't test it in GUIApp
just yet, but I did do a check with the fortress-examples code.

It's kind of a pain but in order to take advantage of this you do need
to change your project.xml files.  You will have to do that anyway
because the groupId and artifactId changed for Fortress in the
Excalibur code base.

Instead of including avalon-fortress/avalon-fortress-container-1.1.jar
you need to include

   excalibur-fortress/excalibur-fortress-container-api-1.2.jar
   excalibur-fortress/excalibur-fortress-container-impl-1.2.jar

Instead of including excalibur-event/excalibur-event-api-2.0.jar
                      excalibur-event/excalibur-event-impl-2.0.jar
you need to include

   event/event-1.0.jar
   managed-pool/managed-pool-1.0.jar

In order to handle Recyclables, we may need to add some listeners
to the pool.  In order to make that easier I might have to make
adjustments to the PoolManager code.  Not a big problem though.

                 - Rich Cook