excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: i18n Deprecation
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:23:41 GMT
Hi,

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I'm not against it - the only thing that bites me a little bit is that
> (if I'm not mistaken) Fortress currently requires i18n, so the changes
> you propose would require that Fortress depends on salt. In general
> I have nothing against such dependencies but I would like to have
> as few external dependencies for Fortress as possible.
> So perhaps we should consider removing the dependency to i18n from
> Fortress first?

If I am not mistaken this would involve removing dependencies across
almost every codebase in Excalibur as Fortress transitively touches a
chunk of em. Certainly possible if none of these components are ever
used in non-English locations but I think theres going to need to be
others who are willing to help zap the support to do that ;)
--
Cheers,

Peter Donald