excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [svn] config
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:33:16 GMT
Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO) wrote:
> Hey gentleman!
>

> Would you please be kind and configure your svn clients to proper handling
> some kind of files? ;-)
>
> I'm not sure with OS you have, but text/java files are being handled in a
> unix style by SVN and that can make things hard for a windows user :-)
>
> On my svn client I just had to change my 'config' file - If you're using
> TortoiseSVN go to Preferences/Config. Once you're there, please add/enable:
>
> [miscellany]
> enable-auto-props = yes
>
> [auto-props]
> *.java = svn:eol-style=CRLF
> *.txt = svn:eol-style=CRLF
> *.xml = svn:eol-style=CRLF

Please DO NOT do this. The settings should be

*.java = svn:eol-style=native
*.txt = svn:eol-style=native
*.xml = svn:eol-style=native

So that it comes out as CRLF on windows, CR on *nix, LF on Mac etc
--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"The true measure of a man is how he treats
someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)