excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: [vote] build system
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:44:24 GMT
let me re-iterate:

Leo Simons wrote:
> One can debate for eons about the pros and cons of a buildsystem choice
> (and many have), and not reach a conclusion. Let's not.

put more bluntly: this borders on a "religious" topic. Tread carefully.

It is more important that we make *a* choice than that we make "the
right" choice (which I'll assert does not exist).

(...)

I'm fine with lots of discussion on the subject if you guys think it'll
help...but I really don't like seeing "yes its slower", "no its not",
"yes it is". We have a reasonably well-configured maven-based build in
place, and a reasonably well-configured ant-based build as well. I
suggest we compare those two and their viability rather "the general
case". It might be easier.

Besides, when longhorn arrives, we'll all need to buy fancy new
two-processor machines anyway.

cheers,

- LSD