excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Instrument Manager package.
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 01:12:05 GMT
Hi all,
Still trying to come up to speed with SVN, but thanks for all the work
getting things moved over.

I was doing to start digging in and working on the Instrument packages.
But it looks like the Instrument Manager directory has been reworked.
This was done in the Avalon repository but I was wondering what the
thinking here is. Currently the maven build does not work as it appears
to still expect the source files to all be in the same directory. I can
fix it
but I want to make sure I am on the same page.

Also it looks like the pool and thread packages have been broken up into
instrumented and uninstrumented copies of the components. Is this really
necessary? I fear that the two will quickly diverge and become a
maintenance nightmare. If a user does not wish to use instrumentation
then all they need to do is include the instrument jar, which is extremely
small. I think it would be wise to get rid of the uninstrumented versions
and go back to only having one copy of the source. This is akin to creating
a version of the classes which do not do logging... Thoughts?

Cheers,
Leif