excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [RT] so...many...components...
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 00:13:06 GMT
Hi,

Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Just an FYI, the Source Resolve code is used by Fortress right now, so
> we do have reason to keep that one around for a while.

I am not saying it be axed I guess I am saying that it
should be moved to the place where the community is and thus
where it will be actively maintained and developed. Fortress
could still use the component regardless of where it is located.

> XMLUtil is another beast entirely.  Apparently it is very important to
> Cocoon, and I believe Carsten Zeigler used it in some other non-Apache
> work.  While there are other users, I believe that Cocoon is the only
> Apache one.

 From this and PeterRs comments I suspect this is one
component that may benefit from staying at Excalibur.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald