excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: First RT
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:04:41 GMT
Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO) wrote:
> I know that there are a lot of ideas among us... waiting to be written.
> When are we going to start? :-)

didn't we start already? :-D

If you have a concrete idea about what you want to do, talk about it, if
the response is good, put the idea in jira. If you've got time to work
on an idea, pick one you like, assign yourself, and work on it.

If you have vague ideas, write RTs and save the useful bits off to the wiki.

Or not.

I thought about writing down some basic design and development
principles that would be nice to follow (TDD, evolutionary incremental
development, release early release often, etc etc, yada yada), but I
really don't see the need. Everyone here is familiar with those concepts
and chooses to follow them to some extent. No need to force all noses in
exactly one direction and put a big rubber stamp on it.

JFDI.

Me, I'm just playing right now. Been a long time since I touched all
this code. Figuring out subversion, automating things. It'll be a while
before you see me write any code (which most likely will take the form
of unit tests, docs, and ComponentHandlers for different types of IoC).

cheers!

- LSD