excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: [RT] so...many...components...
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:46:46 GMT
Farr, Aaron wrote:
> I've also always liked the idea of offering the container under different
> distribution flavors, ie- small, medium, large.  Sorta like Leo's Avalon
> Kitchen Sink distro that he proposed a long time ago.

I change my mind every few weeks ;)

My "Kitchen Sink distro" of choice is Keel. A close second is spring;
but Keel has the benefit of a solid, modular, decoupled architecture
precisely because there's some distance between it and the framework.

IMHO excalibur should make it easy to build a kitchen sink distro, but
not supply one itself. Just like apt and the rest of the debian core
make it easy to build a linux distribution, but don't supply a linux
distribution themselves.

Likewise, I could maybe see the tools to build a component registry live
here, but rather not the registry itself. SOC. Do one thing, do it well.

but hey -- just IMHO :-D

- LSD