excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject More on SVN/CVS/gump/building excalibur
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:14:44 GMT
Hi gang!

yes, we are using SVN! No, we are not using CVS! ASF infra has been
trying to get more and more projects to use it; all of avalon completely
moved to SVN a few weeks back. For us to start using svn was a simple
matter of an svn copy executed after some permissions were set.

Like I said earlier, some basic instructions are at

   http://excalibur.apache.org/svn.html

Once you've done a checkout as described there, you build it like so:

   cd $directory_where_you_checked_out_trunk
   less README.txt # build instructions
   maven multiproject:install

the following should work too (but doesn't atm):

   cd $directory_where_you_checked_out_trunk
   less README.txt # build instructions
   cd buildsystem/jbs
   less README.txt # more build instructions
   ant -buildfile install.xml
   cd ../..
   ant

this is not working because the installation of the jbs build system
won't work because I screwed up a repository on sourceforge. I'll fix
this today or tomorrow. Of particular note is a whole slew of failing
test cases. These have been failing for months.

Gump is not yet building excalibur from svn. Instead, it is building a
stale copy from cvs. I plan to get that fixed today or tomorrow as well.

cheers,

- Leo