excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [vote] build system
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 00:05:50 GMT
Leo Simons dijo:
> let me re-iterate:
>
> Leo Simons wrote:
>> One can debate for eons about the pros and cons of a buildsystem choice
>> (and many have), and not reach a conclusion. Let's not.
>
> put more bluntly: this borders on a "religious" topic. Tread carefully.

For some people yes. I my case, I don't have any rope to either of them. I
really don't care. I just try to use a tool that will help. In that way I
think the speed matters when you are trying to get rid of a bug. When you
compile and compile over and over. In this case speed matters or not?

> It is more important that we make *a* choice than that we make "the
> right" choice (which I'll assert does not exist).

I think the discussion started because the topic was not well discussed
before. We need to discuss things before make a choice.

BTW, I think the topic is already good discussed and now it is time to
start a vote.

Can you restart the vote, please?

> Besides, when longhorn arrives, we'll all need to buy fancy new
> two-processor machines anyway.

Only 2!!! ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo