excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [vote] build system
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2004 23:29:30 GMT
Hi:

The problem I see with maven is that the repository not always is updated.
You need to create a patch is yu want to use a new library. I think
overall it makes more complex the jar updates. Recently, I have a similar
problem with maven while trying to use util.concurrent.1.3.4 for Apache
JCS. Because the library was not there I needed to create a patch for
maven repository.

I see that as a dependency. But if this is not important for excalibur, it
is OK. I like maven. I don't like to make patch for a new library support.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo