excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Shash Chatterjee" <sh...@badfw.org>
Subject Re: [vote] build system
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:31:22 GMT
> Hi All,
>
> >   [X] keep our maven-based system in place and nuke the ant support
>
> +1 from me.
>
> Cheers,

+1 from me (keep Maven).

Just a little note, after having read most of the discussion in the archives.
 In Keel, we not only produce two JARs (client and server sides), we have
config snippets, and dependency JARs and other stuff that are the "output" of
the build process of each module. One of the things that got me about Maven
was the inability to produce multiple artifacts without writing Ant or Jelly
scripts (admittedly, I only tried a little bit), and if I had to write Ant
scripts, well, we had a pretty decent Ant based build system already.  Anyway,
willing to give that a chance and learn how to work better with multi-project
Maven.  Gott'a admit, the code-quality reports are nice.

Shash