excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Nash <mn...@jglobal.com>
Subject Re: [vote] build system
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:38:06 GMT
Just to toss in my 2c, I too have seen severe performance differences between Ant and maven
(on the rare occasion I could get Maven to work at all). Has significant progress been made
on Maven in the last 4 months or so (which is when I last tried it)?

If not, then I'm a bit worried about relying on Maven - although given a severe lack of experience
with it, maybe I'm not well enough informed about it.

I know that there have been at least 3 attempts to "mavenize" Keel, and we've given up every
time and gone back to Ant.

Mike