excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Instrument Manager package.
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 05:09:51 GMT
On Friday 18 June 2004 11:52, Leif Mortenson wrote:
>     The circular dependencies are actually only present in the tests.
> The actual jar
> dependency tree is completely linear.
>     Instrument->ECM,Fortress
>     Instrument->Pool->ECM,Fortress
>     Instrument->InstrumentManager->ECM,Fortress

Sorry, tests was only part of the picture.
I broke out the UnitTest parts of ECM into its own subproject, as that created
cyclic dependencies in just about all parts. But it wasn't this, it was
indeed a compile time problem.

I can't recall the exact details (other than it was 4 or 5 degree away), but
looking at the picture above, it could have something like

Instrument->IM->Fortress->Pool->Instrument

(Although I have a vague memory that AltRMI was part of the loop as well).

I would need to go back and check out the commit logs and some other stuff to
refresh my memory.

Anyway, I think it is fairly irrelevant to hypothesize about, I did what was
required and what my abilities allowed for, so let's get on with the future.

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /