excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: More on SVN/CVS/gump/building excalibur
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:56:40 GMT
On Monday 14 June 2004 21:51, Leo Simons wrote:

> oh, I (we) have lots of bad experience with forrest. I would much rather
> use maven or anything else! (dare one say confluence?)

Although you may not like the look that was produced at Avalon, the XSLT that
drives it may have some value;

1. Menu aggregation is possibly the biggest issue, since moving a piece in
Maven, and being forced to redo all the navigation.xml, just proves to be a
PITA. Instead, the navigation.xml only concern is 'current dir'.

2. It is pure xslt/css, and is easily driven by the Ant <xslt> task.

If you create the mock-up, I _may_ find time to create it for you.

Cheers
Niclas

--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /