excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [svn] config
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 03:15:32 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:
> Peter Donald wrote:
> > Leo Simons wrote:
> > >Can these things be set globally for the entire repository? I can just
> > >imagine people getting this wrong once every few months after a client
> > >reinstall...
> >
> > You could probably write a hook to verify that these
> > attributes are set before allowing an dd but I have not done
> > this before. Ask on infrastructure.
>
> A pre-commit hook could verify the properties exist and are set properly.
> The hook *cannot* modify/set the properties, however.
>
> I'm not sure that such an example exists today, but it should not be a big
> problem. A Python script using the bindings to the repository could
> traverse the commit looking for added files, check the file extension
> (such as .java), fetch the svn:eol-style property, and validate it. Maybe
> 50 lines (tops) in total.

However there are so many different filename extensions for
text files these days. I have a big list of the extensions.
It was a by-product of doing the re-licensing job on Cocoon
and Forrest. I am no Python dude, so if someone starts the job
then i can add these.

At Forrest we did a once-off recursive 'svn propset' to set
everything to "native" then went back and changed the binary files.

--
David Crossley