excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: [RT] Components and Handlers
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:42:30 GMT
-----Mensagem original-----
De: Leo Simons [mailto:lsimons@jicarilla.org]

>> That's fine. Now we'd like to
>> write a InterceptorHandler that gives components interceptors/aop
>> capabilities. We should extend what?

> what is interceptor capability?

Hmmm.. see Spring.

> If you want to add interceptors you add interceptors.

If I want to add interceptors, the kernel/container will have to somehow add
a chain before/after calling a method. I thought the best place for it lies
on the Handlers. I might be wrong, of course.

> Not really. Can use a builder pattern for example.
>
> handler = myHandlerBuilder
>    .newHandler( MyBasicHandlerImplementation.class )
>    .addInterceptor( MyAdvice.class )
>    .enableConstructorDependencyInjection()
>    .enableAvalon()
>    .enableLifecycleExtension( MyLifecycleExtension.class )
>    .create();

That's something my grandma won't like to see :-)

> Me:
> http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/jicarilla/IocContainerInternals
> http://jicarilla.sourceforge.net/jicarilla-container-class-diagram.gif

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/jicarilla/jicarilla-sandbox
/platform/container/api/src/java/org/jicarilla/container/Attic/package.html?
content-type=text%2Fplain&rev=1.2

Good diagram.

> Berin:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/d-haven/dojo/core-j15/src/java/org/d_h
aven/dojo/

That's the first time I browse into Dojo's code. Damn, its good!

> Some others:

http://cvs.picocontainer.codehaus.org/java/picocontainer/src/java/org/picoco
ntainer/?only_with_tag=MX_PROPOSAL

I like pico, but I really don't like all that Adapters all over the place
:-(

> In fact, I decided pico was "good enough" in terms of architecture and
> "a whole lot better" in terms of community and maturity so I rm -Rfed my
> own container experiments and joined Paul 'n Aslak 'n friends. /If/ a
> from-scratch-rewrite of fortress is a good idea (I'm not so sure that it
> is), I think it would be a good idea to start with pico and build on that.

IMHO what Pico achieved is good, but I don't like the way it achieve it. To
me a container should be more ... hmmm.. inteligent to assemble itself with
no - or little - hints from the user.

There are space for containers implementation yet, with different flavors.
Status quo from us will not relate to our promisse of "past and future of
IoC containers" :-)

Cheers,
hammett