excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: [RT] About proxies and pooling
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:36:08 GMT
Hello, Carsten

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]

> <snip/>

Well, dude. I can only speak for the proxy subject, I abstain from Pooled
Components discussion :-)

I've been thinking about having no proxies at all. Proxy is one of the
symptoms of Too much magic(tm) and despite the benefits (prevents users from
casting, overriding finalize can handle proper release) the perfomance,
complexity and no way to proxy a concrete implementation (without
interfaces) counts against it.

OTOH I'd like to add some Interceptor capabilities to Fortress 2.0, then we
have no choice: Proxy is the only way.

So, instead of writing it now on stone, can we work on a simple simple
container - with no magic at all - and some extended containers which may
add this or that capabilities? Better yet, leverage to components handlers
this or that capability.

Now it's up to you: WDYT ? :-)

Cheers,
hammett