excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: Adding some test cases
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:05:40 GMT

> The added piece of mind of having 100% test coverage is rather important
> IMO.  Perhaps some would consider it going to absurd proportions,

Count me in, dude! :-)

> but it
> does help to get test infected and the enthusiasm will help spread to
> the rest of the system.

Hmm.. a social consequence. Good!

> All I am saying is to start with easy to test things and then progress
> on.  You will find that the stuff that is hard to test will be
> refactored to the point where it is easy to test, and consequently easy
> to understand what the code is doing.  And you have the added assurance
> that every line of code in the system is truly necessary.

Yes, I'm familiar with the confidence you have in a project - proportional
to the percentage of coverage. I promise I'll keep my eye on it. But by now
the fortress2 package consists of one interface, the interface
implementation and a few test cases. There isn't even a single exception
class to test yet :-)

But I got your point.

Cheers,
hammett