excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: [RT] Getting to the point of excalibur
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:25:15 GMT

Hi there,

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]

> Ok, this covers a lot of situations and imho too many :) I like it
> "simple". Perhaps my view of a lookup is too simple but I currently
> have two use cases:
> a) I want a component that provides service XY
> b) I want a specific (named) component that provides service XY
> The service is defined by a (Java) interface - so I think my use cases
> are covered with my simpler approach :)
>
> Can you give some use cases or scenarios where you need your version
> of a discovery strategy?

Hey, I'm not saying that we should use the ServiceTemplate strategy as it
is. But I'm saying that only a hint may not be enough :-)

Do you want use cases, uh? Hmmm..

Server side instant messaging application. As new versions of client
application are release there are a few differences implemented in the
protocol (and new features). After the registration, the server may ask
through lookup

LookupCriteria criteria = new LookupCriteria( ClientProtocolHandler.class );
criteria.add("protocol-version", "4.2.1.0");
criteria.add("firewalled", Boolean.FALSE );

WDYT?

Cheers,
hammett