excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: [RT] so...many...components...
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:42:54 GMT
-----Mensagem original-----
De: Leo Simons [mailto:lsimons@jicarilla.org]

> I would like to see the remaining components in excalibur moved
> elsewhere or deprecated in favour of packages living elsewhere, and
> focus on building a highly competitive container package.

Although I couldn't agree more with you (in a positive perspective), I also
agree with J Aaron: where?

Also a component library can be really attractive to end user. At the same
time it can be a proof-of-concept of what we are doing. Building a container
is fun, theorizing about how a component will live under it can also be fun,
but let's be a bit more pragmatic about it, shall we?

I'm not in favor or deprecating or not deprecating excalibur components set.
I think this is a decision that we'll take eventually, but it's too soon to
get the idea of how many real users are using them.

Cheers,
hammett