excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: More on SVN/CVS/gump/building excalibur
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:48:27 GMT
Hi there!

I think the biggest I've seen was the site generation not working in some
releases. IIRC the RC1 didn't work and we had to go back to beta 10 due
these problem.

The other problem, but that's more an overall felling, is the complexity
that some builds requires. While in Ant is relative simple to express an
intention, in Maven things could get very complex.

But if you say you haven't had any problems, specially after RC1, then I can
fell more comfortably about it ;-)

Cheers,
hammett

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@realityforge.org]
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 14 de junho de 2004 10:29
Para: Excalibur Developers List
Assunto: Re: More on SVN/CVS/gump/building excalibur

Hi,

Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO) wrote:
> I really don't know. I appreciate JVZ's work, but in the past betting (and
> depending) on Maven was not a successful history for each release, in fact
> each release was a pain.
>
> Or maybe we just used it the wrong way.

I dont know how it was used in the past but I can easily say that there
is very little I can really complain about - at least since rc1. Even
for complex builds it is relatively easy to set up.

There are painful things about it (project inheritance and overifing
some plugins behaviours) and we don't use gump so I don't have to worry
about that. I would be very surprised if there was any major headaches
at this stage of Mavens evolution though.

Could you give some examples of problems in recent history? And for
those problems was it easy to find a simple work around?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald