excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@pace2020.com>
Subject Re: Excalibur-configuration
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 02:15:26 GMT
On Jun 26, 2004, at 5:01 AM, Peter Donald wrote:
> Once excalibur-i18n is finished being delt with I want to work on
> sending excalibur-configuration into the void. As far as I know no one
> uses the code, it has never been maintained or released.
>
> Under those assumptions I think it is best if we do the following.
>
> * tag the codebase
> * remove dir
> * update website to indicate deprecation and to indicate it has all
> been deprecated without replacement except for validation which has
> equivelent functionality in spice-configkit

Do it.. Its half-released.. I started to move the config validation out
of phoenix into the component but never finished, and then the spice
component appeared.

Merlin uses the CascadingConfiguration though. The Split/Merging was
being used by Keel, and I've seen it forked elsewhere too (old plexus
builds)
-pete