etch-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hello Everyone!
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 11:56:57 GMT
Hi Lalith,

Thanks for your interest in Etch. Unfortunately the project didn't get
any traction in the 5+ years it has been at Apache after the initial
team left. Therefore we recently voted to disband the community and
move the project to the Attic.

While you did receive a couple of replies to your message, until we
(you?) can find a couple of interested developers to reboot the
project, the project remains in the attic.

The code base is stable and functional, you are free to use it (as
long as you abide by the Apache Software license).

These are the options for the Etch project as it currently stands:

- Forking the project - we'll link to any forks which have been
created so please let us know
- Restarting the community in the Apache Incubator
- Recreating a PMC for the project

So don't give up hope, but find contributors that are as excited about
Etch as you are and reboot the project!

Martijn