etch-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Comer <wer...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Some problems while using Apache Etch‏
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 02:46:53 GMT
The directory of the generated source code must be added to eclipse's idea of where source
comes from. This directory will contain the package hierarchy and will have BaseHelloWorldClient.java
at the bottom. If you've not generated source yet, the you need to use the etch compiler to
generate sources. I think there us a helpful file with instructions in it, or else it is in
the wiki.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 26, 2015, at 1:29 AM, 孟超 <mactavish_m@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear sir/madam:
>
> I am a student from SJTU, China. I want to build a middleware via Apache Etch but I have
some problems while using it.

> I have downloaded Etch 1.4.0, installed on my Windows 8.1 PC and run the example "Chat"
successful. However, when I try to load the project into Eclipse, errors are reported. Some
classes in the source code such as "BaseHelloWorldClient" is not defined in the context. Eclipse
says "BaseHelloWorldClient cannot be resolved to a type" and advises me to create a class
or fix the project.

> I am very confused about this error. I try to find user guide book but I can't find it
on your website. So I ask for your help. I will be appreciated if you can send me an user
guide book or give me some explanations about Etch default classes and functions.