etch-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Veith <Martin.Ve...@bmw-carit.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Etch 1.4.0 release
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 11:56:01 GMT
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your vote.

> Some Notes:
Could you please add those findings as tickets to JIRA? So we can fix them until the next
release.

> @Martin When do you think the binding-cpp could be part of the offical package?
The C++-binding is still considered as beta. Some more testing and especially examples (e.g.
we need some more examples showing how to use the API) are needed, but I think it could make
it into the 1.5.0 release scheduled for autumn.

Thanks,
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Fitzner [mailto:fitzner.michael@gmail.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 2. Juli 2014 09:01
To: dev@etch.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Etch 1.4.0 release

+1 Accept; release looks good

Some Notes:

Windows Installer:
> Hello World Example
   The build.xml (root folder of helloworld) is for the binding-c and not for the
   complete helloworld example. It is not possible to build the example per default.
   The build.xml is a mix for the java and c example.
   It would be good to have a short note here, what do to.

Windows Source Package
> CPP Binding
    Inside the README.txt some information like the TOOLCHAIN_FILE and
    CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE are missed
> Build of CPP bindings looks OK
> It would be greate to have some information about the stable and
> experimental build (etch.properties) also in the BUILD.txt file
> Configuration of the Hello World binding-cpp example doesn't work out
> of the box so far; further analysis is in progress

@Martin When do you think the binding-cpp could be part of the offical package?

Thanks
Michael