etch-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Veith <Martin.Ve...@bmw-carit.de>
Subject RE: Planning next Etch release
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 06:47:30 GMT
Giorgio Zoppi wrote on 2013-07-18:
> AFAIK  Linux supports SocketCAN, how can replace in C++ or C binding,
> TCP with Socket CAN? I mean what have I to modify to support another
> transport protocol (CAN, UDP, ecc)?
Etch has different layers, among others a dedicated transport layer (see the archictecture
at [1]).

At the moment for the C and C++ binding there exists only an implementation for Windows/PosIX
TCP/IP sockets, but you can add a new transport layer which encapsulates the SocketCAN communication.
You might want to take a look at EtchConnection/EtchTcpConnection and EtchSessionListener/EtchTcpListener
(referring to the C++ binding, in C binding there are similar files).
If you have any further question on this, don't hesitate to open a new discussion on the mailing
list.

Cheers,
Martin

[1] http://etch.apache.org/documentation/architecture.html#Architecture-EtchTheArchitecture