etch-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Veith <Martin.Ve...@bmw-carit.de>
Subject RE: Etch on .Net 3.5 & CF 6.5
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 07:51:42 GMT
Hi Yann,
thanks for the patch!

Unfortunately, there are no unit tests for the UdpConnection.cs class yet.
However, they should be very similar to the TestTcpConnection.cs located in runtime/src/test/csharp/Etch/Util.
I have created an issue for that (ETCH-266). In a perfect world we would first write the test
and then apply your patch and check if it still works :-)

As Scott already mentioned, the best way to test it now is to do an integration test by using
an exiting C# example and changing the transport mode from TCP to UDP.
Maybe the chat example would be a good choice as there can be added multiple connections at
the same time.

Could you please test this?

If this works, then IMHO we can merge your patch.

Thanks,
Martin

From: Scott Comer [mailto:wert1y@mac.com]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 6:10 PM
To: user@etch.apache.org
Cc: user@etch.apache.org
Subject: Re: Etch on .Net 3.5 & CF 6.5

Nothing that i know of other than to write a test using that transport.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 22, 2013, at 10:40 AM, Yann Nicolas <yannart@gmail.com<mailto:yannart@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Hi,

I create the issue ETCH-265 for this .Net 2.0 compatibility.

I attached also a Git patch. CSharp binding now compiles with .Net 2.0.
Existing unit tests run fine but I think no one is covering preciselly UdpTransport which
is the part that used .Net 4 classes.

Do you have a good way to test the changes?

Regards,

Yann Nicolas
El 21/03/2013 09:17, "Yann Nicolas" <yannart@gmail.com<mailto:yannart@gmail.com>>