etch-dev mailing list archives

From paul turner <paul.jeremy.tur...@gmail.com>
Subject Hi
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:42:07 GMT
Hi,
I'm Paul Turner and I'd like to get involved with the etch project.

de.linkedin.com/pub/paul-turner/4/26b/394/

I am a core Java developer with more than 10 years experience, mainly in
banking and financial services.

I can see that a lot of the java binding code is using pre-Java 5 threading
idioms.
Is that something I could change to improve reliability/ performance/
standards adherence?
e.g. TodoManager and FreePool could use util.concurrent threadpools/
semaphores etc.
These a lot of good stuff in util.concurrent that could make the unit tests
more robust as well.
Normally I'd raise a Jira, but I don't have permissions to do that.

I do see that the Java bindings has not been changed in a few months, is it
still an active project?

Many thanks

Paul Turner